|Relief Class 5 Fuel Delivery Driver
|(Bulk / Commercial / Farm Trade)
|Hamilton, Full Time, Transport
|Please Quote Reference Number 78370
Kiwi as jandals, Marmite and Pavlova
Huge amount of variety and great opportunities to connect with our customers
Support the fleet to take the next step in their safe and efficient operation
For over 70 years, Waikato-based Waitomo Group has been fueling Kiwis across the country. Proud to be a 100-percent Kiwi, the family-owned and operated business keeps wheels turning with a network of over 65 Fuel Stops, as well as bulk fuel supply and storage for commercial customers. A market disruptor punching above its weight, Waitomo Group is rolling out its ambitious plans for national growth, and enjoys shaking things up in the fuel market.
We are seeking a hard-working and self-motivated fuel tanker driver to join the Hamilton based team, as a relief driver providing support across a variety of bulk, farm trade and commercial sites and trucks through the Hamilton, Auckland, Bay of Plenty and wider North Island as required. Reporting to the Fleet Manager.
As a fuel delivery driver, your role will be to maintain a regular and reliable service to all assigned customers and delivery points by collecting and delivering fuel requirements to allocated sites/customers.
- Deliver fuel requirements to a range of farm and commercial customers. This includes multiple farm fuel tanks and larger commercial fuel tanks.
- Maintain delivery point site records, balance trip report as required.
- Update tablet/delivery/DG information at every delivery/collection.
- Operate the vehicles in a safe manner and maintaining them in a clean and tidy condition.
- Review loading requirements and load vehicles accordingly
- Dip tanks, record meter readings and water test as required at all assigned delivery points.
- Follow all SOPs, policies and site requirements on all Waitomo, supplier, customer, and contractor sites.
- Ensure all PPE and uniform is worn at appropriate/required times, including on Waitomo, supplier, customer, and contractor sites.
- Complete pre-start inspections on vehicle and equipment before beginning work.
- Maintain current inductions at all relevant supplier/customer/contractor sites.
- Complete all logbooks accurately and in a timely fashion.
We are seeking a hard-working, self-motivated and flexible relief fuel tanker driver. The ideal candidate will have an unwavering commitment to Health & Safety, a sound understanding of mathematics and good computer literacy. You'll also be required to communicate with customers so good written and oral communication skills are essential.
The ideal candidate will also have:
This is a rare opportunity to be part of the Waitomo story that's building fast. For the person with the right combination of skills, there is an excellent opportunity to grow your career and be a part of the next step in the safe and efficient operations of Waitomo.
- Full Heavy Trade Class 5 vehicle licence (required).
- 18 Speed road ranger gearbox experience (manual gearbox experience required).
- A current 'D' Licence endorsement.
- Safe Product Handler trained (fuel product handling) training can be supplied.
- Experience in the transport industry, preferably in bulk liquid transportation.
- Physical fitness. This role requires the successful applicant to complete fuel loading and delivery including multiple entries and exits from the cab, and a pre-employment medical will be completed.
- A can do and positive attitude. This role will see the successful applicant interacting with our customers on a daily basis.
- A neat and tidy personal presentation.
- Be able to work independently and work as a team player with other drivers.
- The legal right to work in New Zealand.
Primary location: Hamilton, New Zealand
Hours of work: Full-time
APPLY NOW through our online application form below.
|Please Quote Reference Number 78370