|Network & Systems Engineer
|Please Quote Reference Number 79990
Highly skilled Network & Systems Engineer
Full time approximately 30 hours per week
TeleServices is a New Zealand-based call centre, offering a wide range of premium service solutions to meet the needs of both small and large organizations. Our business provides effective solutions with a focus on customer service innovation.
We have a vacancy available for a highly skilled Network & Systems Engineer to join our team. Work schedule is flexible, approximately 30 hours per week. Our comfortable office is based in CBD.
Our ideal candidate would have:
- Maintain and develop multi segmental LAN including wireless networks.
- Monitor the stability and resolve issues and problems of WAN segments.
- Manage and keep track of steadiness of digital PABX.
- Ensure the workability of Windows and Linux servers including virtual infrastructure and workstations.
- Continuously keep track of network and systems security solutions. Perform regular backups, updates, and patches.
- Develop and maintain custom automation scripts to increase system efficiency and lower the human intervention time on any tasks.
- Keep an eye for hardware components of the system to perform necessary maintenance predictively.
- Recommend and perform hardware/software upgrades of company's IT systems or individual nodes.
- Take an ownership of entire company's IT infrastructure regarding communications with 3rd party suppliers and service providers.
- Continuously develop and keep updated on-site documentation.
- As you will be a sole IT person in the company you have to able to provide L1-L3 support for internal users and external customers.
If you believe you have the background to provide excellent IT support to our team, please apply for this position with a CV and a cover letter through application form below. All candidates must have working rights in New Zealand and undergo security clearance as work may involve sensitive data.
- Relevant qualification in Computer Science and Networking or similar.
- At least 5 years professional experience in a position of Systems/Network Engineer or similar.
- Flexibility to be available on-call in case of critical issues.
- Industry certifications showing your professional capabilities are highly desirable.
- Administration experience of Avaya IP Office PABX and Voicemail Pro is a must. In-depth insight of other VOIP systems such as Asterisk and Cisco CUCM(E).
- Exceptional network skills with essential experience in:
- managing networks built on Cisco routers and switches,
- deploying and running networks with multiple VLANs,
- wireless networks,
- network services and protocols: ARP, TCP/IP, UDP, DHCP, NTP, IGMP, DNS, (S)FTP, TFTP, HTTP(S), SMTP, SSH, RDP, VoIP/SIP
- Experience in deployment and managing security network solutions: Cisco ASA and Sophos NG is a must. Experience in other security solutions such as: Fortinet, Checkpoint, Palo Alto etc. is a bonus.
- Ability to deploy and manage firewall rules, secure VPNs, content filtering, and malicious software detection.
- Administration experience and extensive knowledge of Windows Server services such as Active Directory, GPO, Exchange, SQL Server.
- Experience in deploying and migrating to Office 365 is essential. Knowledge of other cloud services is a bonus.
- In-depth knowledge of RedHat/Ubuntu Linux and administration experience of services such as Apache, Drupal, and MySQL. Experience and/or knowledge of opensource CRMs would be advantageous.
- Extensive knowledge and experience in VMware ESX and Hyper-V virtual infrastructures including deploying, migration, and maintenance is a must.
- Good coding skills to develop and maintain PowerShell, VBA/VBS, PERL, PHP scripts.
- In-depth knowledge of desktop and mobile operating systems.
|Please Quote Reference Number 79990